At Hotchkiss Home Furnishings, we believe that helping you love your home doesn’t end once you’ve purchased your home furnishings and appliances from us. We are committed to ensuring that our customers receive the same level of service from time of purchase and delivery through the life of the piece.
We guarantee the merchandise will be in showroom condition upon delivery. After delivery, we guarantee our furniture for one full year against manufacturing defects; in the unlikely event of a defect we will repair it to showroom condition. Excluded from this guarantee are "as is" merchandise and other specifically marked final sale items.
This guarantee does not cover:
- Damage due to misuse, abuse or accidents.
- Damage of discolouration caused by sunlight.
- Abnormal wear, fading or shrinkage of any fabric.
Price Match Promise
If you find a lower price advertised and available locally, we will match it. Guaranteed. That’s our price match promise to you. The Price Match Promise is available on exact same models distributed in our local trading area by an authorized Canadian retailer with the same terms and conditions. Upon verification we will gladly match the price or give you a store credit in the amount of the difference. The Price Match Promise does not apply to advertising errors, liquidation or clearance items, floor models, coupons or rebates, or other similar offers.
It's human nature to worry and be protective of an important investment. That’s why Hotchkiss Home Furnishings offers you protection plans for your purchase. You can relax and enjoy your furniture, appliances, electronics or mattresses... regardless of what life throws at it.
For more information on warranty coverage for specific products, download PDF brochures for our protection plans:
Our trained professionals will provide delivery, positioning, and removal of products. They will operate with the utmost respect for your home by using runners, and blankets.
Before your purchase, please measure the width of doors, hallways and stairs to ensure delivery of the product is possible. Before delivery, please clear away all obstacles. In the rare event of an impossible tight fit, we will only move the furniture with your approval.
We provide you with a time frame for your delivery; however, it's conditional upon road conditions and other situations beyond our control.
If your furniture does not fit through your door or does not fit into your desired room we will help you pick out a new piece that will fit or provide a store credit equaling the full purchase price including taxes. This store credit does not include the delivery charge as that service was provided.
If you would like to pick up your purchase, please call either your salesperson or the office staff of the store where you made your purchase, at least (1) day in advance so that we can prepare your order. You will need to bring handling materials with you, such as rope and blankets. Damage incurred by customers own transportation is not covered by your warranty.
All sales are final, we do not refund product once it has been ordered, your sales person will review this policy with you at the time of purchase. If your furniture is not satisfactory we will help you choose a new piece or provide a store credit in the full amount of the purchase price, a restocking fee may apply in some cases.
If your furniture arrives damaged we will order whatever parts are needed to fix the product or replace the product if needed. The course of action will be decided on based on the nature of the damage and the vendor policy regarding damage.
In the case of custom ordered product a 25% restocking will be applied to the store credit and the remainder of the store credit will be used to pick out a new product or kept on file until you need something in the future.
In the case of mattresses, mattresses can only be returned within 30 days and if a mattress protector is purchased with the mattress. The mattress will not be refunded but we will do whatever we can to help you pick out a new mattress that will work better for you or provide a store credit in the full amount of purchase.
Delivery fees are not refundable once the furniture has been delivered.
Furniture Care Tips
We want to ensure you enjoy your home furnishings for years to come so we’ve put together a few care tips for the maintenance of your new purchase:
- Dust regularly with a dry cloth or one slightly moistened with a natural polish. Avoid polishes containing petroleum products since they may damage the finish. Even dust may be abrasive so always dust with the grain and not across it.
- Avoid putting furniture in direct sunlight since this may bleach the finish.
- Commercial glass cleaners may discolour brass or chrome finishes.
- Be sure to always use felt discs, placemats (without rubber backing), coaster etc. when putting lamps, glasses, hot objects etc. on table tops. Despite modern water resistant finishes it is very important that water not be allowed to stand on top of finishes or in decorative router lines.
- When table leaves are not in use, always store them in a flat position such as beneath a bed.
- Maintaining even humidity conditions in your home is extremely beneficial to all furniture with wood construction. The use of a humidifier in your home is highly recommended.
- Remember, decorative wood spindles are fragile and will break if subjected to undue stress.
- Vacuum with soft brush attachments to remove dirt and dust that can cut threads or wear fibers.
- It is not necessary for a stain repellent or fabric protectant to be applied to the upholstered furniture. It can be cleaned if soiled and reduces the amount of chemicals you bring into your home.
- If a stain occurs on your upholstered furniture, test for colour fastness by wiping a small hidden area with a mild soap solution before attempting to remove the stain.
- All seat cushions should be turned and rotated (if reversible) after every vacuuming (at least every few weeks,). This will help stop your cushions from twisting and provide even wear. If twisting does occur, simply open at the zipper and pull the fabric around by hand.
- Zippers are in-place for ease of assembly by the manufacturer. Do not attempt to remove covers and machine wash them.
- Occasionally a seat cushion may appear to be a different shade than the rest of the piece. Simply turn the cushion over and the nap (fabric fibers) will be laying the other direction.
- It is a requirement of the manufacturer’s warranty that queen and king size mattress sets have a bed frame that has cross supports and a center support to avoid sagging of foundation.
- Never bend, fold or stand on your mattress.
- A washable and waterproof mattress protector should always be used as it promotes a healthy sleep environment and protects your manufacturers warranty as well as gives you a 30 day comfort guarantee on your mattress.